Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Watch What You Say

Everyone knows the old saying for parents to watch what they say around the children.  They will repeat it.  Evidently my kids really do listen to what I say, even if they act like they don't sometimes.  We were having a nice lunch today with my parents, when my Mom started talking about peanuts.  I guess my father had given some to Logan yesterday, which caused him to have an accident in his pants.  Nice lunch conversation, I know.  When she said the word poop, Brianna interrupted quickly by asking what the adult word for it was?  My Mom looked puzzled, and didn't quite get the question, so I explained.  I have said "shit" before, and Brianna has busted me on it.  She knows it is an adult word and she isn't supposed to say it, but she didn't know what it meant, so, I told her it was an adult word for poop.  I thought this was a pretty good explanation.  Clearly I have been outsmarted by a four year old.  Now when she hears poop, she wants to hear the adult word for it.  What have I done?  Oh well, at least she doesn't repeat shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment