Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dutch Oven

I don't know how much of an issue other mothers have getting the kids to bed each night, but in my house, it is no picnic.  There is usually a lot of whining about it.  Plus the usual,  I want milk, or I have to go pee.  Well, since the hubby is working out of town, the kids have been in my bed lately.  Last night, the giggling and fighting between them was getting a little out of hand.  After having to quiet them a few times, I decided try something new.  So I told them, quiet or I will put you in a dutch oven.  Of course they do not know what this means, but neither of them made a sound after I said it.  I am thinking they probably were thinking along the lines of Hansel and Gretel...lol.  Even though this worked so well, I couldn't help but feel a little let down.  I had let one loose in the car earlier, and the stench was enough to widen my eyes and think back to what I ate the night before.  I was sort of looking forward to sharing the stink and hearing the reaction from two unabashed victims.  Oh well, I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment