Sunday, June 16, 2013

Bee Hostage

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon.  The kids were playing in the playroom.  The husband and I were relaxing on the couch.  One of those, nothing exciting going on, kind of days.  That was all about to change when one of the dogs had to go outside.  As my husband got up and let Sparky out, a bee flew from out of nowhere.  We have no idea if it was in the house already, or just flew in.  Since I am allergic, I instantly ran to the bedroom and closed the door.  We don't know if either of the kids are allergic to bees, but Logan does share my allergy to environmentals, so they kids ran to their bedroom and closed the door.  Justin had just become, The Bee Terminator.  He has been stung before, and not had a serious reaction.  I have.  He had to take care of his family.  I could hear him walking around, but he wasn't saying anything.  Every once in a while, I would hear him scream and it sounded like he was trying to attack it.  Then he would scream like a girl and sound like he was running.  This happened a couple times, and then nothing for a while.  I yelled across the house to ask for an update.  He thought he had found it.  It was wounded, so he thought.  He got closer and realized it was a lady bug, or something.  Then he went out the front door.  My kids and I are holed up in the bedroom, and he is going out for a cigarette?  Seriously.  No, not really.  He was seeing if it would stir it up.  I didn't hear him come back in though, so I thought he had gone out.  I was about to get upset, when I heard him scream, and bang around some until he had gotten it.  The bee was gone.  We were free.  It's funny what kind of excitement might just poop up in the middle of the afternoon around here.  Yes, I accidentally wrote poop instead of pop and decided not to change it....lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment